COLOMBIA – Additional Documents Required for TP-4 Work Visa Applications
Since early March 2016, the Colombian Foreign Ministry has been requesting additional documents in support of applications for TP-4 temporary work visas and beneficiary visas for dependents.
Which documents are required?
- For initial application for TP-4 temporary work visa for local hires: Employment contract;
- For TP-4 visa renewals: Employment certification issued by the Colombian company;
- For beneficiary visas: Marriage and birth certificates issued and legalised within the three months prior to the visa application.
- Employers in Colombia should be ready to submit these additional documents at the time of application, to avoid delays. If the documents are requested by the Ministry at a later stage, it may take up to 30 calendar days to finally approve the visa.
- At present, the employment contract is only being requested in the case of TP-4 visas. However, it is expected that the employment contract may also be requested for applications for TP-13 work visas for local hires.