IRELAND – New Online Systems Go Live
Effective 8 September 2016, the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) has introduced an online booking system for appointments for residence registration at the Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB) office in Burgh Quay, Dublin.
In addition, effective 6 September 2016, the Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation (DJEI) has officially launched its new Employment Permits Online System (EPOS).
INIS online registration appointment booking system
This is a long-awaited system intended to ease the stressful and time-consuming process which has been in place until now.
- Assignees living in Dublin needing to register their residency and obtain or renew a GNIB Card will be required to book an appointment prior to attending the GNIB Office in Dublin;
- Appointments must be booked approximately two weeks in advance and possibly earlier at peak times of the year (October – January);
- Last minute appointments may no longer be available;
- The first appointments will be available from 15 September 2016 after which time ‘walk in’ applicants will no longer be facilitated;
- The documents required at the appointment for each type of registration (new or renewal) remain the same;
- Assignees will still be required to attend the appointment in person;
- The time required to complete the registration process is expected to decrease.
Employment Permits Online System
The much-anticipated new online application system for employment permits is now live and available for use. The applicant completes an online application, documents must be scanned and uploaded and a fee paid by debit or credit card through a secure payment gateway. It is hoped that EPOS will make the employment permit application process faster and easier.
- Use the new INIS system to book appointments at the GNIB office in Dublin for residence registration.
- Use the new EPOS system to apply for employment permits.