UNITED ARAB EMIRATES – Visa on Arrival Extended to Russian Nationals
Russian nationals have been granted visas on arrival to United Arab Emirates (UAE), following the Prime Minister’s approval of a cabinet decree at the end of January.
Visa on Arrival
- The visa on arrival allows Russian nationals to stay in the UAE for up to 30 days (with one 30-day extension available for a fee).
- The visa on arrival program was extended to Chinese nationals in September 2016. The complete list of countries whose nationals can obtain a 30-day visa on arrival for UAE is as follows:
Andorra, Australia, Brunei, Canada, China, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, Malaysia, Monaco, New Zealand, Russia, San Marino, Singapore, South Korea, United Kingdom, United States of America, Vatican City.
- Nationalities of the Schengen Area member states plus Bulgaria, Croatia, Cypress, Romania and the Seychelles can obtain a 90-day visa on arrival, valid for six months from the date of issue, and for a stay of 90 days in total.
- Note that Russian nationals can now obtain a visa on arrival to stay in the UAE for up to 30 days (with one 30-day extension available for a fee).
- Be aware that all foreign nationals wishing to work in the UAE still require an employment entry permit in order to obtain a residence visa and an Emirates ID Card.