VIETNAM – Mandatory Online Work Permit Application Submission at the Hanoi Department of Labour
The Department of Labour in Hanoi has confirmed that the new online system for the submission of job position approval, new work permit, work permit re-issuance and work permit exemption applications, which has been in testing since April will be fully implemented and mandatory from 1 July 2017.
Furthermore, the requirement for the company to authenticate all submissions with an e-signature, which has until now been optional, will also be mandatory from 1 July. Companies who have not yet registered for an account on the government portal or obtained an e-signature for their company’s authorized signatory, are required to do so as soon as possible.
Departments of Labour in other provinces are likely to implement these new regulations in coming weeks or months but no date has yet been released.
Processing times are expected to decrease for applications submitted using the new system.
Details of the new online work permit system are as follows:
- Pre-approval for work permit, work permit re-issuance, work permit exemption certificate and job position approval will be granted based on soft-copies of documents submitted online here.
- Original documents and photos will be required at the stage of issuance of work permit or work permit exemption certificate. Officers will then compare hard copies with previously submitted soft copies.
- Beyond the upload of documents, the portal will enable users to check progress and revise, delete or re-submit the applicaiotn, and will notify users of any problems or issues that occur during the application review.
- Companies applying for work permits for foreign nationals in Hanoi must apply using the new system from 1 July 2017.
- Companies applying for work permits for foreign nationals in other cities and regions should expect ongoing changes to the application systems as online services are developed and implemented.