AUSTRALIA – Skilling Australians Fund now effective
Effective 12 August 2018, the Skilling Australians Fund (SAF) levy is now payable for employer-sponsored nomination applications.
Applicable Visa Subclasses
Contributions will be required in relation to both permanent and temporary visas, and is payable by sponsors accessing overseas workers through the following employer sponsored programs:
- Temporary Work Skilled (subclass 457 – nomination transfers);
- TSS - Temporary Skill Shortage (subclass 482);
- ENS - Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186); and
- RSMS - Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (subclass 187).
The SAF will be administered by the Department of Education and Training with the purpose of supporting the skills development of Australians.
The introduction of the SAF levy charge will replace the previous training benchmarks.
SAF Fee Amounts
The SAF levy will be payable in full for each Nomination application, and in the case of TSS visas, for each year of intended employment in advance. The current levy fees are (in Australian dollars):
For TSS and 457 Nominations:
- $1200 per nomination per year - for businesses with turnover of less than $10 million; and
- $1800 per nomination per year - for businesses with turnover equal to or greater than $10 million.For ENS and RSMS Nominations (subclass 186 & 187):
- $3000 one off payment for each nomination - for businesses with turnover of less than $10 million; and
- $5000 one off payment for each nomination - for businesses with turnover equal to or greater than $10 million.