UNITED STATES – USCIS extends and expands temporary suspension of premium processing for H-1B petitions
Originally intended to last until 10 September 2018, USCIS now expects the expanded suspensions to last until 19 February 2019.
Who is affected?
The suspension of premium processing for H-1B petitions now includes the following petition types:
- H-1B Petitions subject to the FY 2019 Cap;
- Petitions to extend H-1B status that include any changes to the job and salary information from the previously filed petition; and
- H-1B Change in Employer (Porting) Petitions.
The suspension does not apply to:
- Cap-exempt petitions that are filed at the California Service Centre;
- H-1B extensions filed with the Nebraska Service Centre that are not filed concurrently with a change of employer and/or do not contain any changes to the job or salary information from the prior filing.
What is premium processing?
The premium processing service permits employers to request USCIS to adjudicate H-1B petitions within 15 calendar days by submitting Form I-907 (Request for Premium Processing Service) and an additional filing fee of $1225.
- Employers who may be affected by the extended and expanded suspension of premium processing should consult an immigration specialist.