FRANCE: Residence Permit Fees Reduced and Simplified
Effective 1 January 2020, new and generally lower residence permit fees have been introduced, and the number of different residence permit tariffs has been reduced.
Who is affected?
- All applicants for initial and renewal residence permits;
- All family members;
- All holders of a Long Stay Visa for Residence (VLS-TS);
- All applicants for visa regularisation.
What are the new tariffs?
The total fee for first time and renewal residence permits has been fixed at EUR 200 for the following categories:
- Temporary residence permits, such as those for temporary workers or ICT interns (previously between EUR 60 and EUR 120);
- Multi-year residence permits, such as "Talent Passports";
- Residence cards;
- Long-Stay Visa for Residence (VLS-TS) - for all categories
- Regularisation visa (previously EUR 340) - includes EUR 50 to be paid on lodgement.
Requests for the following categories are set at EUR 50:
- Private and family life via family reunification;
- DCEM (circulation document for minor children);
- Job search or business creation;
- Student mobility program;
- Au pair;
- Seasonal worker;
- Resident card (occupational health).
The standard rate of stamp duty, which is added to the permit fee, has increased from EUR 19 to EUR 25.
Exemptions for Certain Categories
- No fee or stamp duty for the issuance of Temporary Residence Authorization (APS);
- No fee or stamp duty for initial issuance and renewal of a residence permit granted to victims of violence (family or conjugal, protection order, trafficking in human beings or pimping);
- No fee for initial issuance of a temporary "private and family life" residence permit issued to young people in the care of the Ase - as well as to sick foreigners;
- No fee for initial issuance of a multi-annual residence permit granted to beneficiaries of subsidiary protection;
- No fee for initial issuance of a temporary residence permit marked “retired”.
Employers who may be affected are encouraged to contact a Newland Chase immigration specialist for case-specific advice.