CROATIA – 2012 Quotas Announced
The Croatian government has announced quotas for work permits for 2012. Renewals of existing work permits will be capped at 3000 (2300 down from last year) and new work permit issuances will be capped at 988 (up from zero last year).
How Does The Cap Work?
Note that permits for key personnel (defined according to skill level, qualifications and experience – see news alert from January this year here) are exempt from the quota limit.
For non-exempt positions, the quota is allocated by sector as follows:
- Boat building – 614 new work permits
- Tourism – 145 new work permits
- Culture – 53 new work permits
- Science and education – 64 new work permits
- Traffic – 49 new work permits
- Processing – 34 new work permits
- Health – 25 new work permits
- Construction – 4 new work permits
- Note that obtaining work permits for employees who do not qualify as "key personnel" in Croatia will be limited according to the quotas detailed above
- Note that the renewal of such permits is limited to 3000 for the rest of 2012; once this quota has been reached, no more renewals will be permitted.