GHANA – Ghana Immigration Service Increases Fees
Effective 15 May 2016 the Ghana Immigration Service (GIS) has increased certain categories of fees, through the Fees and Charges (Amendment) Instrument 2015 (LI 2228).
What Has Changed?
The principal fee increases are as follows:
- A fee for a residence permit has been introduced for Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) nationals ($300) and Ghanaians with a foreign passport ($150);
- The fee for a resident permit for other nationals has increased from $300 to $500;
- The fee for a rotator permit has increased from $500 to $1000;
- The monthly penalty for an expired resident permit has increased from $20 to $30 for Ghanaians with a foreign passport, from $30 to $60 for ECOWAS nationals and from $50 to $180 for other nationals.
- Employers should take the new fees into account in their global mobility planning.