MOROCCO – New Online Work Permit Application Platform
Effective 1 June 2017, the Ministry of Labour in Morocco has made it mandatory to complete all work permit application forms electronically via a new online system called Taechir. Manual completion of application forms is no longer accepted.
What has changed?
- All application forms must now be completed online. A tracking number is provided and notifications of approval, rejection or completion are sent by email.
- The processing time for work permit approvals has already been reduced to two to three weeks, although this may change in the coming weeks.
What has not changed?
- Applications still have to be submitted manually at Ministry of Labour with original forms and all required documents.
- Applications still need to have original certified signatures.
- Employers in Morocco should be sure to use the new online application-filling system to prepare work permit applications.