MALAYSIA – Projection of Expatriates for 2018 Opens on 1 October 2017
Companies who are registered with the Expatriate Services Division (ESD) can start to apply for their 2018 projection for Employment Passes and Professional Visit Passes from 1 October 2017.
How does it work?
- Companies who intend to employ foreign nationals in Malaysia in 2018 must have the projection approved and made available in the ESD portal before any Employment Pass or Professional Visit Pass applications can be made.
- If the projection is not applied for in advance, processing of permit applications may take twice as long (up to four weeks).
- Applications are submitted online and processing time is between five and ten working days.
- Any unused projection approved for 2017 will not be carried forward for 2018.
- At present, this projection application is only open for companies registered with the ESD. For companies registered with MDEC (Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation) or other agencies, no announcement has been made yet.