ROMANIA – Increase in Work Permit Quotas for 2018
Romania’s work permit quotas for 2018 have been published in the Official Gazette (Part I, no. 1040 of 29 December 2017) according to Government Decision no.946/28.12.2017.
The Government has increased to 7000 (up from 5500 in 2017) the total number of work permits that can be issued in 2018 to non-EU nationals, in the following categories:
- Local hires: 4000 (up from 3000 in 2017);
- Assignees: 1200 (up from 700 in 2017);
- Intra-company transferees: 700 (no change);
- Highly skilled workers (EU Blue Card): 500 (no change);
- Seasonal workers: 400 (no change);
- Trainees: 100 (no change);
- Cross border workers: 100 (no change).
More About Romania’s Work Permit Quotas
Romania’s work permit quotas run from 1 January every year and are decided annually by the government, based on the proposals from the Ministry of Labour. The quotas for 2017 were exhausted in November 2017.
- Note the new work permit quotas for 2018.