IRELAND – Signed Employment Contract Required for All Employment Permit Applications
Effective 26 March 2018, the Employment Permits (Amendment) Regulations 2018 introduce several changes, including an important new documentary requirement and an expansion of the occupations qualifying for intra-company transfers.
What are the key changes?
- A copy of the signed employment contract must be submitted in support of all initial and renewal employment permit applications.
- The Ineligible Categories of Employment List (ICEL) is no longer applicable to Intra-Company Transfer Employment Permit applications.
- Several animation occupations have been added to the Highly Skilled Eligible Occupations List (HSEOL).
- Several chef grades have been exempted from the Ineligible Categories of Employment List (ICEL).
- Applicants for new or renewal employment permits from 26 March 2018 should be sure to submit a signed employment permit in support of the application.
- Employers should consult an immigration specialist to check how the changes to the occupation lists may affect them.