MALAYSIA - New Immigration Application Procedure for MIDA-Registered Companies
Effective 5 December 2018, all new and renewal Employment Pass (EP) and Dependant Pass (DP) applications for companies with pre-approved positions under the Malaysia Investment Development Authority (MIDA) must be submitted via the the online Expatriate Services Division (ESD) portal, rather than manually at the Immigration Unit at MIDA.
- The ESD registration procedure includes several steps, and at least two months should be allowed to complete it.
- All pending applications submitted before 5 December 2018 will continue to be processed manually and the subsequent endorsements will be processed at MIDA.
- This change was announced unexpectedly on 3 December 2018.
- Employers who have previously submitted immigration applications via the Immigration Unit at MIDA, and are not registered with the ESD, should begin the ESD registration process as soon as possible.
- Employers who may be affected are encouraged to contact their immigration specialist for case-specific advice.