UNITED ARAB EMIRATES – Permanent Residency "Golden Card" Introduced
The UAE has started issuing a new permanent residency "Golden Card" to qualifying investors, exceptional talents in the field of science and knowledge such as doctors, specialists, scientists, inventors, and creative individuals in the field of culture and art. No sponsor in the UAE is required, and Golden Card holders, along with their spouse and children, will be able to live in the UAE permanently.
- Must have 100 Billion Dirhams worth of investment in the UAE;
- Listed/ranked as one of the billionaires in an international magazines/publications.
Must be accredited by the Emirates Scientists Council or holders of the Mohammed Bin Rashid Medal for Scientific Excellence.
Creative Individuals in Culture and Art
Must be accredited by the Ministry of Culture and Knowledge Development.
Must obtain a patent of value, which adds to the UAE’s economy. Patents must be approved by the Ministry of Economy.
Must be documented by patents or a scientific research published in a world-class journal.
Must be owners of a leading and internationally-recognised company, or holders of a high academic achievement and position.
Doctors and Specialists
Must meet at least two of the following conditions:
- A Ph. D. degree from one of the top 500 universities in the world (refer to ICA for information);
- An award or certificates of appreciation in the field of the applicant’s work;
- Contribution to a major scientific research in the respective field of work;
- Published articles or scientific books in distinguished publications in the respective field of work;
- Membership in an organisation related to the field;
- A PhD, in addition to a 10-year professional experience in their field;
- Specialisation in areas of priority to the UAE.
- Executives and others who may benefit from the new permanent residency are advised to contact their immigration specialist for the latest information.