KUWAIT: New Business Visit Visa Regulations for Egyptian Nationals and Graduates of Egyptian Universities
In an attempt to crack down on forged degree certificates submitted in support of business (commercial) visit visa applications, the Kuwait Ministry of Interior has issued an internal memo containing new rules for Egyptian nationals and graduates of Egyptian universities.
The new regulations are as follows:
- A bachelor’s degree from an Egyptian educational institution held by an Egyptian national must be attested by the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) and the Kuwaiti Embassy in Cairo; then the original must be mailed to the Kuwaiti MOFA in Kuwait for attestation.
- An Egyptian national resident outside Egypt, (even those resident in a Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) country) must submit a copy of their valid residence permit along with a copy of their bachelor’s degree (attested if from an Egyptian educational institution) with a copy of the attestations on the back of the bachelor’s degree.
- An Egyptian national holding a bachelor’s degree from an educational institution outside Egypt is only required to submit a copy of the bachelor’s degree.
- A non-Egyptian national holding a bachelor’s degree from an Egyptian university must mail the original degree certificate to Kuwait for proof upon submission of the business visit visa at the Immigration Department.
- Employers who may be affected are encouraged to contact a Newland Chase immigration specialist for case-specific advice.