MALAYSIA: Upcoming Improvements to Online Application System Announced
Effective 15 November 2021, Malaysia’s Expatriation Services Division (ESD) will roll out new features to its online application platform for Employment Pass (EP) and Professional Visit Pass (PVP) filings. While preliminary guidelines for the platform have been announced, full guidance is expected from the ESD authorities prior to the system’s upcoming implementation.
New Features and Services
Focused on improving customer service and reducing the need for in-person procedures and applicant travel, the following are the new features and services for the platform:
- Online Fee Payment – application fees will be payable online, eliminating the need to pay in-person at either the Immigration Department or MYXpats Centre.
- Delivery of EP, PVP, and Related Pass Stickers – also eliminating the need to appear in-person at the Immigration Department or MYXpats Centre for pass endorsement.
- Streamlined Experience and Communication – including overall improved application experience, ability to upload supporting documents directly to platform, and all application notifications/updates will be sent within the platform itself.
- Opening of ESD Satellite Centre (ESC) at Kuala Lumpur International Airport 1 – providing eligible pass holders the ability to obtain endorsed passes prior to entering their mandatory quarantine period.
New Online Service Fees
Concurrent with the new system features, ESD has also announced new online service fees:
- Employment Pass (EP): RM 800
- Dependent Pass (DP): RM 450
- Long-Term Social Visit Pass (LTSVP under EP): RM 450
- Professional Visit Pass (PVP): RM 800
- Transfer of Endorsement (TOE): RM 150
- Cancellation of Passes or Special Pass: Free
Newland Chase Insights
While EP and PVP applications are already submitted online, system improvements are always welcome news. Employers and applicants alike should anticipate initial growing pains as the processing officers adjust to the new processes and procedures. As always, don’t hesitate to reach out to your Newland Chase dedicated contact or submit an inquiry here should you have any specific questions regarding this announcement.